Damper Controls

Post your questions and comments here.
Jack

Damper Controls

Post by Jack »

I have little to no HVAC expertise.

System is 9 years old. I see 2 dampers on one side of the unit marked zone1 and zone2. On the other side of the unit there are two dampers but there is duct tape covering some of the writing but both start out zone. One of the damper controls on this side is orange and has no LEDs.

Originally the air/heat in the master bedroom sounded like a train coming through. It was adjusted and most of the air started coming from the master bathroom and the other end of the house. At this point the bedroom is the warmest room in the house this summer. The first floor zone seems to be a bit out of balance as well but not drastic.

I have tried to adjust that dampers, at least I think that is what should work.

So far the air coming from the master bath has slowed to what I would call normal but the bedroom is still getting very little air from the vents. I don't believe they hare believe they are blocked.

In any event am I approaching the dampers correctly or not. I move the dial from one position to another without much change at all. I've pressed the motor release button to move them.
Paul Z.

Re: Damper Controls

Post by Paul Z. »

Good morning. There are a few more question I would like to ask you. It is always better to talk about these system. You can call here any time Mon-Fri 8a-5p. 732 446 3110 X490.