Zone panel compatability issue?

Post your questions and comments here.
Matts66

Zone panel compatability issue?

Post by Matts66 »

I have a Carrier heat pump that I can't get the heat to work at all with the ST-2E panel. I have Honeywell 3000 series stats with the separate o and b terminals. The air handler is a FV4CNBOO6 with R,G,O,w1,W2,Y/Y2,Y1,DH,C terminals. Condenser is a 215ANA060-B with C,Y,O,W2,R terminals. I can't get the heat to work. Cooling no problem. In heat only the blower comes on. I've tried everything I can think of. Perhaps the zone panel is not compatible with the equipment or I'm completely missing something. Some input would be greatly appreciated as I'm going nuts. Seventeen years in the trade and this shouldn't be too difficult.
Paul Z.

Re: Zone panel compatability issue?

Post by Paul Z. »

That board will not run a heat pump without a relay and rewiring. The best thing would be to replace the board with a NCM-300. This board will wire up to thermostats, damper motors and system. This board is not a master thermostat control board, each zone is independent from the other. You can go too EWCcontrols.com, open manuals bring up NCM-300 manual there will be drawing and operational instructions. You can call 1-800-446-3110 X490 for any help. This will work as long as you do not have two stage equipment. We do not know all the different models of Carrier equipment. If you equipment is two stage then you will need a BMPluse-3000 board, which will do two stage .
Matts66

Re: Zone panel compatability issue?

Post by Matts66 »

Thanks for the reply. My suspicions were correct. This is a single stage heat pump with no supplemental electric heat strip. Pretty basic. Thanks again.