ND series Damper noisy opening and closing

Post your questions and comments here.
mccorkled

ND series Damper noisy opening and closing

Post by mccorkled »

We have 3 of the ND series dampers installed in our 6 month old house and one of them makes noise every time it opens or closes. It is a noise like something being slid across dry plastic. Originally when she heard it my wife thought it was someone running a circluar saw outside and I have to agree it does sound something like that. Is there something that should be lubricated on these units? It started at about 2 months after initial installation and I have just been ignoring it.
Eric K.

Re: ND series Damper noisy opening and closing

Post by Eric K. »

What is most likely happening is that the end of the damper blade, located directly beneath the motor, is rubbing against the motor. This can be easily remedied by loosening the single anti-rotation nut on the bottom edge of the motor; then loosen the two nuts on the U-bolt which clamps to the damper shaft; now pull the motor away from the damper about 1/4 to 1/2 inch and tighten the U-bolt again and leave the anti-rotation nut LOOSE. This should eliminate the rubbing and the noise you are hearing.

Eric
mccorkled

Post by mccorkled »

I willl try that this evening when I get home. Thank you for the quick response.
Shadow33

Post by Shadow33 »

Can you describe what/where the anti-rotation nut is located on the MA-ND4? Thanks