ComfortNet CTK01 Thermostat Replacement

Post your questions and comments here.
LHN144

ComfortNet CTK01 Thermostat Replacement

Post by LHN144 »

Hello everyone,
I am a new member of this forum.
I have been using the thermostat CTK01 for my AC/Heat Amana system for about ten years, but now my CTK01 has a touchscreen problem that I need to replace. Can I acquire a CTK04AE, currently on the market, for a direct one-to-one replacement?

I do not know if there are any incompatibility issues between my current Amana condenser/gas furnace unit and the new ComfortNet thermostat CTK04AE.

The wires (C, R, 1 and 2) layout looks the same on both units CTK01 and CTK04AE. That makes it very simple for me to follow and to install the new CTK04AE, if it works.
I appreciate any comments that you may provide on my inquiries. Thank-you and regards!
Steven W.

Re: ComfortNet CTK01 Thermostat Replacement

Post by Steven W. »

Yes the CTK04 will work
Steven R. Weisneck
Technical Engineer
Tel: (732) 446-3110 Ext. #461
www.ewccontrols.com
sweisneck@ewccontrols.com
LHN144

Re: ComfortNet CTK01 Thermostat Replacement

Post by LHN144 »

Thank you, Steven W., for your input.  

And, you are absolutely correct about the CTK04, it works like a champ when I replace my old CTK01 with a CTK04.  
It's "compatible" down to the holes for the screws holding the base plate, I mean no need to drill any new holes, even though the two units have completely different dimensions.  
It even has a built-in bubble level for a perfect level of the base plate installation.  
It also has a USB interface at the bottom left of the unit which I don't think I need for any saving or downloading any data, due to the fact that it's so simple to program and reprogram it.  (My HVAC is old, non-modulating and I don't have a REDlink internet gateway to worry about.)   
However, with all the bells and whistles they have added, the new unit is quite expensive, but I have no choice for DIY one to one replacement.

Again, much thanks to you, Steven W.,  for your valuable advice on the CTK04 unit. Really appreciate your insight!